State Govt. Plans Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme for Houses

State Govt. Plans Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme for 10,000 Houses

Meghalaya government is all set to construct 10,000 houses in Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme in State. The scheme will be implemented in both rural areas and urban areas and the government will provide funds to beneficiaries being built their home.

According to sources, the Minster in charge of Housing Zenith Sangma said that the guidelines for the Affordable Housing Scheme Meghalaya has been sent to the Planning Department for approval.

In the scheme, the state government will provide 100 percent relief for those who will make roofing material. Sangma said the proposed scheme will have two components.

Besides this, the government will provide assistance to 25 percent of the total cost of the house to the beneficiaries of the EWS and the government is also making provisions for loans for the remaining 75 percent.

the government is also considering to construct a complex cluster of settlements in Shillong in Meghalaya Affordable Housing scheme.

News Source:



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *